I woke up cranky and tired. And I knew exactly what was wrong. I just wanted a break. A break that I could not have. I have worked 6, usually 7, days a week fr two months. And while I love working, you know that, it's exhausting. I went to my full time job upset and tried to stay out of my classroom for the first part of my day so I didn't have to be cranky to my kids. That didn't work out. I had to suck it up, be in there, and not be cranky anyway.
Monday turned into Tuesday, Tuesday turned into Wednesday and all that turned into more bad days. My assistant came back this week, too! I thought that'd make life easier for our field trips and what not. Instead I walked into my class this morning with 4 other people, people that don't even involve my children, trying to micromanage everything. The control freak that I am was ready to explode on everyone! Instead, I just let them do what they wanted. If those teachers wanted to take my stress and make it theirs, go right on ahead! I'll just sit back and let the chips fall where they may. And when everyone else is done trying to run my show, I'll take over again.
All that is what I have been dealing with Monday I kept saying "it's just a bad day, it happens. No big deal! Tomorrow will be fine". I'm still saying that today, but it's getting a little harder to believe.
Breathe, Lyndsy. Breathe.
No comments:
Post a Comment