Ready for some honesty? Good.
I have been wayy too fixed on "what a blogger should be". The world says: bloggers go to unique places, they take phenomenal pictures, they dress better than you and shop unique shops. I say: screw it all!
You can't make your life be something it's not. Believe me I tried. Just last week I googled " cool coffee shops in Glendale" just so I had some "blog" material. Well, my blog has never been about that. My blog is about silly things like my bad days at work, happy hour with my sister, birthday parties for my nieces and nephews. And if i happen to travel somewhere or try something new, I'll add that. This blog is whatever I want it to be. Would I love to have totally awesome pictures for you guys? Uh, absolutely! But let's be real, I use my iPhone and I always forget to whip it out. Do I want to expand this blog of mine and maybe one day have a ton of followers? Yes please! But right now I'm a teacher, an aunt, a babysitter, and a friend. And none of those things I'm willing to give up to gain an audience on the Internet.
So, I'll keep my 10 favorite blogs to read and my corner of the blogosphere to say what I want. I'll do what I can to add variety, but it is what it is folks!
The end.

No comments:
Post a Comment