I told you I'd be back with a story from the rest of my trip! :) it's amazing what being sick can do for your to-do list!
Here we go. Saturday on theMission Trip. Rocky Point.
Saturday morning we started with breakfast and a little devotional service. It is so nice to be surrounded by like-minded people(expect a post on that soon). After that we headed out to the churches. Our group went, again, to Rio De Aguas Viva. We had just enough time to set up and the kids started trickling in for their "event". It seemed strange calling it event because compared to our big American Ways it seemed like a small Sunday morning kids service. But it did include all of the fun parts of an event. Singing, dancing, crafts, and candy. And how could I forget FĂștbol!!
It was such an awesome yet awkward morning. The whole language barrier thing was a bummer, but I could navigate around that. It's all about hand signals and sound effects when it comes to communicating with children in another country.
The kids' smiles just melted my heart.
After lunch and a little break we headed back over to the church, but there wasn't much for me and the other two ladies to do. We picked up some trash and then grabbed the soccer ball and started kicking it around the street thinking that'll get some kids to come out of the hood. Sure enough, two boys and two little girls came out to play with us. Probably thinking "silly American girls". At any rate it was a great afternoon! Angel and Carim even gave us little bracelets. I'm assuming to say thank you or we're friends or something. It was a sweet gesture. :)
Annnddd here are the pictures!






No comments:
Post a Comment