Monday, February 18, 2013

In My Next 30 years...

Yep! Just like that Tim McGraw song! :)

Well, not quite. Last weekend I was able to go visit my friend Ashley, which was great. I love that girl! She's exactly the kind of friend you hope for. Someone who knows you, challenges you, and cares about you regardless of how many times you'll change your mind in the next 27 minutes {Oh, wait. Maybe that's just me on that last one ;)}.

Anyway, Sunday morning while drinking coffee and waiting to head over to ONE she was telling me about a conversation she and her husband had. Basically stating what they would want to do for the rest of their lives, or maybe even the next 10-20 years, if they could wake up tomorrow and just do it. Money, an education, none of that mattered. What would you do?

Well, they both know. And it was great learning those things about them and I am so glad I have friends who are so greatly passionate about things! But... As I knew she would, Ash asked me what I would do. Guess what? I have no idea.

I LOVE:
-teaching
-being an advocate for kids
-writing
-teaching ballet
-party planning
-serving others
-empowering parents to be better parents
-traveling
-baking
-crafting/creating

If I could wake up and do any of these tomorrow if there were no obstacles in my way, would I? I don't think so. I don't think I love doing any one thing that much. That's a lot of passion you have to have.

So, while I am good(sorta great) at some of those things, I'm eager to learn or encounter what the one thing I really, really want to do will be.

{Sorry this was more of a self reflection post. Also, not sorry. Maybe this will give you and your husband or friend or whoever something to talk about tomorrow. Maybe you already know what you would do. More power to you and I would love to hear!}

No comments:

Post a Comment