Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hello?!?!

Oh my goodness. My phone broke this weekend. Now,everyone that knows me, you can only imagine what was running through my head. I literally felt like a crazy person. I don't know if it was because I actually needed my phone, because I can't go more than 3 hours without my phone, or because (and I am just realizing this) I'm obsessed with my phone.
Yeah, I have a pretty fancy phone. I mean it's a smart phone, I have unlimited everything, including data, and it runs of the Android system. So essentially everything I need is sorta at my finger tips. And I love that for it's convenience. I do NOT love how I felt this weekend when the phone broke.
I couldn't sleep the night it broke, all i thought about was how early can I get to Verizon to get it fixed or get a new one. Guess what? 10 am was not soon enough for me. I was on the phone with customer support until 1am trying to get it fixed or get me a new one activated. They offered me an upgrade. I was all for it until they told me it would have to be shipped and that could take until the middle of the week. NOT UH! Lyndsy can't wait that long.Saturday I spent the entire day talking to my aunt and uncle (the owners on our business plan with VZW) and they said go for it go down to Verizon and do what you have to do. After MANY hours at the VZW store the lady said I would just have to wait until Monday. I could have cried.

That's what I don't like. I hate that I am so dependent on something that can be easily broken and not replaced. What would it look like if I was as obsessed with my spiritual life and my Maker, as I am with my phone? I'd probably be walking on cloud 9 all the time. This was a real eye opener for me. The only reason I am so obsessed with it is because I constantly need something to do. So why not take all that spare time and put a dent into reading the bible? Or keep using my prayer journal? Or find something; anything else to do? This is something I am definitely going to work on.
Other than that all I have to say is... What... a catastrophe!

No comments:

Post a Comment