Monday, October 17, 2011

New Happenings

Long time, no write. Okay, my life is back to all of it's business, uh I mean, glory? I do enjoy being busy. I was really glad to be back to work this morning at 6am and see the kids off the bus at 7:16a. Gotta love the schedule. Anyway. So last week in my life looked a lot like this:

Worked every day from 10am-6pm. Those are the perfect work hours for someone like me. I could sleep in until 7, get up and have breakfast and do some cleaning or go teach ballet, which I had to do one day.. and then go to work. Because it was fall break it made the day even better. Got to spend a lot of time with just Courtney and Isabella and that was really nice. And almost every night last week I got to go over to someones house and have dinner. I never get to spend time with any of my friends because of my crazy work hours. Last week I got to have fun and not be too exhausted everyday. I was feeling really jaded about my job Wednesday night though after dinner with the Gwaltney's because they are huge part of the reason I moved to STV and now I rarely get to hang out with them. BUT last night I decided to go to the ONE softball game and I just realized that I need to set my priorities straight. If spending time with my friends, picking up my niece for the weekend, or getting off work for something special on a friday night is what I really want to do then I'm gonna start doing it. I shouldn't have to be afraid to ask my boss for a few hours off. I know that I instilled that fear in myself and I shouldn't have. She usually does let me take a few hours off if I need them, I just get way to scared to ask her anything.

Also, this past week and now this week has given me more time to talk and hang out with my room mate, Christy. Yes, we have lived together for a month and half now but I hardly know anything about her and I bet she could say the same about me. So yay for building relationships! :)

Oh, yesterday at ONE we had baptisms. 5 of them were planned and 6 were spontaneous. I love my church for that. On Baptism Sunday whether you have planned it and talked to one of the staff about why you want to be baptized or even if you haven't we always give that opportunity right there and then. I get really emotional on baptism Sunday because just over a year ago that was me taking that plunge and I just remember how free and how safe I felt afterward. I have been baptized once before but last July it was real. It was me making the decision, not someone making it for me. I was really excited for everyone yesterday because little do they know their life is now going to dramatically change! I thought my life had changed before baptism. I was so wrong. It is still changing. I am shocked and inspired by my own spiritual growth each and every day. I also taught YoungONES yesterday which is our 2-3 1/2 year old class that I NEVER teach, but for some reason I was scheduled to. It was a lot of fun. I love loving on all of those kids.

My girls have their ballet recital this Friday. Today will be our very last practice and I am so excited! The ballet portion is a super cute "fairy" dance to a super cute song. And then gymnastics is...well gymnastics! =)

Alright. I'm basically tired of writing. Have a good week guys. Lots of love!
-Kuhn

No comments:

Post a Comment